About UsTMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre of San Fernando Valley
Our Basic Philosophy and System of TreatmentOur doctors at TMJ and Sleep Therapy Centre of San Fernando Valley located in Northridge, California operate on the philosophy that, given an absence of trauma, conditions of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) are overwhelmingly likely to be structural in nature. Traditional medicine fails to address this, treating symptoms rather than causes. Unlike treatment approaches that focus on palliative care and pain management, Farshid Ariz, DMD determines the origin of symptoms through comprehensive evaluation and diagnostic evaluation, then determines the therapeutic approaches that can rehabilitate the injured structures, such as custom orthopedic appliance therapy (OAT).
- A comprehensive evaluation and triage to reveal the underlying condition and determine which treatment measures will offer maximum medical improvement (MMI).
- Identifying secondary conditions and other special concerns that could impact the MMI.
- Developing a custom treatment plan, which may include TMJ therapies, oral appliance therapy (OAT) for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), and combination treatments.
- Designing and crafting the best orthopedic appliance for the patient’s condition.
- Monitoring and managing the directed patient care for 12 to 14 weeks to meet the standard of care for TM treatment modalities and/or the maximum efficacy of OAT for OSA through timely, accurate evaluations and appropriate patient education and additional direction for:
- Compliance in appliance wear for maximum improvement
- Necessary referrals for maximum improvement
- Necessary physical medicine for maximum improvement
- Appropriate nutrition/supplement/medication for maximum improvement
- Appropriate recall evaluations for monitoring and management of patient care